The thought of Saturday errands probably has a familiar ring to anyone who works from 9-5 or even longer on Monday through Friday. That’s not the case for me because I retired from the work-a-day world many years ago; however, habits die hard, and it seems like Bob and I often find ourselves out and about running errands on Saturday mornings. This being Saturday, we were occupied with e-r-r-a-n-d-s.
- First we went to Wild Birds Unlimited to pick up “no mess seed” for the bird buffet in our back yard.
- Next stop was Lowes to get supplies for one of Bob’s projects.
- We went to the Willoughby outdoor market to stock up on produce.
- Our next stop was Patterson’s Fruit Farm where we picked up pears, apple butter, and apple dumplings. 😋
- We visited Sage’s Fruit Farm to get peaches because nobody else had them (This was a good year for apples but a bad year for peaches in northeast Ohio).
- …and our last errand was to our daughter’s house to give the dogs a run in the back yard because Mike and Alison were gone all day.
When we finally pulled into our driveway several hours later, it was past time for lunch, so I warmed up an apple dumpling. Can’t tell you how good that tasted!